Virtual Serial Port Driver9.0
Create virtual serial port pairs on PC.
The main goal of Virtual Serial Port Driver by Eltima Software is creating virtual COM port pairs. Virtual serial ports created in VSPD behave as if they were real ports and are taken for the real ones with the serial applications. Via these ports serial applications can communicate with each other and transfer data via virtual null-modem cable. The data written to one virtual serial port can be instantly read from the other.
Virtual serial ports created in VSPD support all serial port settings, strict baudrate emulation, HandFlow control and signal lines. After virtual COM port pair was created, one can see these ports in Device manager, moreover these ports are available automatically at system startup, even prior to logon.
Virtual Serial Port Driver is available in a GUI version as well as a driver version with API for those who are going to use it in their own product.
Virtual Serial Port Driver provides you with the ability to create an unlimited number of virtual serial ports. Created ports are located in "ports" group in Device Manager, which means that they will be visible and easily recognized by all software and hardware you install. You will be able to set which application has access to the defined port. No real hardware serial ports are occupied.
Virtual ports, created by Virtual Serial Port Driver, work exactly like real ones. They emulate all real serial ports settings and provide strict baudrate emulation and full HandFlow control support. Additionally, you can easily emulate a serial line break. Moreover, VSPD uses advanced Windows kernel driver technology, which ensures WDM, WMI, Power Management, PnP, etc. support. Virtual Serial Port Driver is fully compatible with API COM and supports all Windows messages.
Virtual serial ports created with Virtual Serial Ports Driver emulate and support all standard hardware signal lines (DTR/DSR, RTS/CTS, RING, ERROR, DCD, etc.). As in real null modem connection, DTR of the local port is connected to DSR and DCD of the remote port, and RTS of the local port is connected to CTS of the remote port. Moreover, you can choose loopback pinout or create custom one depending on your hardware configuration.
- Any number of virtual serial ports pairs can be created
- Virtual serial ports are absolutely the same copies of real ones - applications won't see the difference between real and virtual serial ports
- Virtual serial ports can be controlled directly from your own application via Dynamic Link Library supplied with VSPD (for OEM License owners)
- Link between virtual serial ports is much faster than real null-modem cable connection and solely depends on your processor speed (average transfer speed is about 5.5 Mbytes/sec)
- Real serial ports are not occupied - you can even have no real ports in system at all
- Strict baudrate emulation (for Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003/Server 2008/Vista/Windows 7)
- All signal lines are available: DTR/DSR/CTS/RTS/DCD/RI
- Full support of HandFlow control (Hardware and Xon/Xoff)
- Virtual serial line connection break emulation (for Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003/Vista/Server 2008/Windows 7)
- Different virtual null-modem schemes are available: standard/loopback/custom (for Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003/Vista/Server 2008/Windows 7)
- Virtual serial port may have any name you like, even the same name as real port has
- Ports are automatically re-created on system reboot (prior to user login)
- Possibility to change names of virtual serial ports, created by VSPD, shown in Device Manager
- Restriction of access to created virtual ports for various applications (for Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/Server 2008/Windows 7)
- Virtual Serial Port Driver and all of its internal drivers are digitally signed
- Complete information about current virtual serial port state, sent/received data, etc (for Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003/Vista/Server 2008/Windows 7)
- Windows kernel driver technology support (WDM, WMI, Power Management, PnP, etc)
- Printers can be assigned to any virtual serial port (available after Windows reboot)
- Hyper-threading and VMware friendly
- No reboot is required after VSPD installation, creation and reconfiguration of virtual serial ports
Soft-Go is not responsible for the content of Virtual Serial Port Driver publisher's description. We encourage you to determine whether this product or your intended use is legal. We do not encourage or condone the use of any software in violation of applicable laws.
Any form of support or technical problems regarding Virtual Serial Port Driver must be addressed to its developer/publisher. Please be aware that we do NOT provide Virtual Serial Port Driver cracks, serial numbers, registration codes or any forms of pirated software downloads.
Related Searchesvirtual serial port, virtual serial port driver, virtual com port, virtual serial port kit
Virtual Serial Port Driver is periodically updated by our editors team but sometimes you may find out that software informations are outdated, please note that the publisher of Virtual Serial Port Driver can update the software without notifying us. Current version of Virtual Serial Port Driver is 9.0.
Note: Soft-Go doesn't provide any form of technical support regarding Virtual Serial Port Driver, however, you may find answer to your problem by reading user reviews or directly contacting Eltima Software which's the publisher/developer of this software.
Virtual Serial Port Driver Recent User Reviews
No user review yet, would you like to add your review ?