A free, Open Source drawing program for young children (ages 3 and up). It has an easy to use and fun interface. Along with st
A free, Open Source drawing program for young children (ages 3 and up). It has an easy to use and fun interface.
Along with standard drawing tools, like brush, lines, shapes and eraser, Tux Paint also has multiple levels of undo and redo, a collection of "Magic" special effect tools, a "Rubber Stamp" (a.k.a. "Sticker-Book") tool for placing pre-drawn shapes and photographic objects into a picture, and "Starter" images that provide coloring book imagery and scenery to paint on.
Tux Paint has been translated to over 60 languages, including Spanish, French, German, Italian, Greek, Hebrew, Chinese, Japanese and Korean. It is available for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and BeOS and other Unixes.
- A number of useful drawing tools are made available.
- The drawing canvas is a fixed size, so the user doesn't need to worry about 'pixels' or 'inches' when making a new picture.
- The entire program fits on a screen as small as 640x480, and can be displayed full-screen, to hide the computer's underlying 'desktop' interface. (It defaults to 800x600 mode, but can run at larger sizes and in portrait or landscape mode, as well.)
- Loading and saving of images is done using thumbnails, so no knowledge of the underlying operating system's filesystem structure is needed. Even filenames are unnecessary.
- Fun sound effects are played when tools are selected and used.
- A cartoon version of Tux, the Linux penguin, appears at the bottom to give tips, hints and information.
Soft-Go is not responsible for the content of Tux Paint publisher's description. We encourage you to determine whether this product or your intended use is legal. We do not encourage or condone the use of any software in violation of applicable laws.
Any form of support or technical problems regarding Tux Paint must be addressed to its developer/publisher. Please be aware that we do NOT provide Tux Paint cracks, serial numbers, registration codes or any forms of pirated software downloads.
Tux Paint is periodically updated by our editors team but sometimes you may find out that software informations are outdated, please note that the publisher of Tux Paint can update the software without notifying us. Current version of Tux Paint is 0.9.21c.
Note: Soft-Go doesn't provide any form of technical support regarding Tux Paint, however, you may find answer to your problem by reading user reviews or directly contacting New Breed Software which's the publisher/developer of this software.
Tux Paint Recent User Reviews
Excellent unlike other programmes that con you this is free. I downloaded "WHITEBOARD" what a load of rubbish when you have downloaded it
you get told you have 7 days to buy it and they advertise it as free!!!
Watch out for this CON!