Software to reconstruct Thumbs.db database records.
Thumbs.db Viewer was written to give the computer user tools to reconstruct Thumbs.db database records.
Thumbs.db is a hidden system file generated automatically by Windows when you view the contents of a folder in "Thumbnail" or "Filmstrip" view. Thumbs.db contains a copy of each of the tiny preview images generated for image files in that folder so that they load up quickly the next time you browse that folder.
Thumbs.db is actually a database of the miniature images that exist in the folder from which they were initiated. The early versions of Thumbs.db files as they appeared in Windows ME and Windows 2000 contained not only the thumbnail image of the parent file, but also the filename, drive letter, and path to that image. Later versions, Windows XP and Windows 2003, store the image and its filename but not the path. In Windows Vista the Thumbs.db file has been replaced by several "thumbcache_xxx.db" files which are now located within the user`s profile.
Deleting the Thumbs.db file in Windows has no affect on your operating system: the Thumbs.db file is recreated in each folder each time you view thumbnails.
Even though the images have been deleted in the folder they could still exist in the Thumbs.db file along with their modification dates.
- Thumbs.db Viewer allows displaying Thumbs.db database records as well as the miniature graphics generated in each (with metadata: original file name and timestamp).
- Collects all the Thumbs.db files in and below the specified folder; searches the Recycle Bin (INFO2 files) for deleted Thumbs.db files.
- Extracts and views all or selected pictures as HTML representations.
- View with external image viewer any of the original file corresponding to stored in an Thumbs.db thumbnail's metadata (if it exists).
- View the image in full size or as the best fit for program`s window; rotate images right or left by 90 degrees.
- Using a heuristic algorithm, the program can search swap and hibernation files for a JPG graphic files.
- full support for Windows 8 thumbcache and iconcache files (thumbcache_idx.db, thumbcache_16.db, thumbcache_32.db, thumbcache_48.db, thumbcache_96.db, thumbcache_256.db, thumbcache_1024.db, thumbcache_sr.db, thumbcache_wide.db, thumbcache_exif.db, iconcache_idx.db, iconcache_16.db, iconcache_32.db, iconcache_48.db, iconcache_96.db, iconcache_256.db, iconcache_1024.db, iconcache_sr.db, iconcache_wide.db, iconcache_exif.db);
- thumbnails gallery (up to 15 pictures per page);
- at first start the program automatically displays the content of the found thumbcache file;
- new navigation (usable Track Bar);
- disassembled and displaying headers of thumbcache files;
- disassembled and displaying headers of entries for thumbcache_idx.db;
- disassembled and displaying headers of thumbnails;
- displaying image details, etc.;
- uninstall program;
- supports file extension-based associations (if they have not been previously defined);
- toggle the display hidden system files and folders on and off via main menu;
- manual file in pdf format;
- english, german, russian and french interface;
- "More Details" button for Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 thumbcache files;
- work of the "Extract/Open Selected File" buttons and "Extract/Open Selected File" main menu (context menu) items are differs now.
Soft-Go is not responsible for the content of Thumbs.db Viewer publisher's description. We encourage you to determine whether this product or your intended use is legal. We do not encourage or condone the use of any software in violation of applicable laws.
Any form of support or technical problems regarding Thumbs.db Viewer must be addressed to its developer/publisher. Please be aware that we do NOT provide Thumbs.db Viewer cracks, serial numbers, registration codes or any forms of pirated software downloads.
Thumbs.db Viewer is periodically updated by our editors team but sometimes you may find out that software informations are outdated, please note that the publisher of Thumbs.db Viewer can update the software without notifying us. Current version of Thumbs.db Viewer is 3.1.
Note: Soft-Go doesn't provide any form of technical support regarding Thumbs.db Viewer, however, you may find answer to your problem by reading user reviews or directly contacting Janusware Ltd. which's the publisher/developer of this software.
Thumbs.db Viewer Recent User Reviews
No user review yet, would you like to add your review ?