Search and replace multiple strings in multiple files or filenames.
String-O-Matic performs search and replace operations with multiple strings in multiple files. It was designed specifically for computer programmers working on large projects with many source code files, however any type of file can be used, including HTML.
Search and replace operations can also be performed on filenames (mass renaming). A detailed log is kept of every string that is found and replaced. Case-insensitive, whole-word, command line, and wildcard searches are supported. String-O-Matic is a professional, rock solid program - don't trust your files to anything less.
String-O-Matic key features:
- Not only can search and replace operations be performed on the contents of one or more files, but on their filenames as well. This is very useful for the automated mass renaming of files.
- The "Whole Word" option can be used to ignore matches that occur inside a word. For example, "amp" would be ignored if found in "example".
- The question mark and asterisk "wildcards" are optionally supported in search and replace strings.
- The search-only option allows you to preview the changes before they are made.
- Permits case-sensitive or case-insensitive searches.
- Optional "Prompt on replace" mode supported.
- The search and replace strings are allowed to be canonicalized in the style of either URL's or HTML. This permits the representation of special characters.
- A MS-DOS command batch can be executed before or after the operation.
- The line numbers on which the operation is performed can be limited to a certain range.
- A detailed operation log is generated.
- Great care is taken when making changes to a file. The old file is renamed to a temporary file for safe keeping. The replacement is then written and verified. If no errors occur, the temporary backup file is deleted. Otherwise, the backup file is restored and the error is reported. These steps help ensure that data never gets lost.
- Includes a tool for normalizing line-breaks and trimming whitespace from the end of lines.
- Includes a tool for bulk filename case conversions.
- A thorough Help File describes all features in detail.
Soft-Go is not responsible for the content of String-O-Matic publisher's description. We encourage you to determine whether this product or your intended use is legal. We do not encourage or condone the use of any software in violation of applicable laws.
Any form of support or technical problems regarding String-O-Matic must be addressed to its developer/publisher. Please be aware that we do NOT provide String-O-Matic cracks, serial numbers, registration codes or any forms of pirated software downloads.
String-O-Matic is periodically updated by our editors team but sometimes you may find out that software informations are outdated, please note that the publisher of String-O-Matic can update the software without notifying us. Current version of String-O-Matic is 16.0.
Note: Soft-Go doesn't provide any form of technical support regarding String-O-Matic, however, you may find answer to your problem by reading user reviews or directly contacting Gammadyne which's the publisher/developer of this software.
String-O-Matic Recent User Reviews
No user review yet, would you like to add your review ?